Digital Marketing is one of the innovative and novel concepts in the 21st century. The term digital marketing has not any specific definition or meaning but it can be well explained with the examples such as emails, online advertisements, pay per clicks, wireless text messages, instant messages, RSS, blogging, Fax, Video streams, podcasting, broadcast, etc.
Digital marketing is the marketing of products or services using digital technologies, mainly on the internet, but also including mobile phones, display advertising, and any other digital medium.
Digital marketing, the promotion of products or brands via one or more forms of electronic media, differs from traditional marketing.
Why digital marketing important
- Affordability: Less expensive than other marketing methods.
- Mobile Access: 77 percent of American adults own a smartphone and are likely to use that Smartphone or another mobile device for news, social networking, and countless other activities. Digital marketing helps you reach them while they’re doing this. With remarketing ads, email and text marketing, and social media – you can be in front of your audience while they use many different apps on their mobile phones.
- Flexibility: There are many forms and uses of high-quality digital marketing, including banner ads, email marketing, content marketing, and social media posts. Thus by learning how to creatively market yourself digitally, you open up a wide range of possibilities for future publicity strategies. With digital marketing, you also have the flexibility of testing and stopping poorly performing campaigns in real-time.
- Expansion: Many consumers do almost all of their shopping online. Digital marketing lets you appeal to these people and thus expand the reach of your company. Between Google Shopping Ads and brand awareness campaigns, you can expand your brand recognition and boost sales.
- Multimedia: Customers tend to engage more with marketing materials that combine multiple types of content, including photos, video clips, and audio. It is far easier to incorporate all these content types into digital marketing than any other type of publicity – and it is very important.
- Interactivity: Digital marketing lets you communicate directly with the customers who see your content, notably through website comments, messages, reviews, and social media posts. This shows those customers that you care about what they say and think, leading them to feel respected and part of the community you’re building. It also allows you to gather invaluable information on customers’ reactions and preferences.
- Tracking: Besides communicating with customers, digital marketing lets you track their activities. You can monitor which ads and types of content they have seen shortly before they make a purchase. This tells you which marketing methods are most effective, allowing you to refine and improve your strategy.
- Authority: Digital marketing makes it easy to comment on issues and controversies that relate to your product or your industry. In this way, you can establish yourself as an authority on such topics, leading readers to trust you, come back for more information, and eventually make a purchase. Digital marketing allows you to come off as the industry expert that you are and will instill trust in your business.
Benefits of Digital Marketing
- Lower cost and higher flexibility for the marketing effort.
- Access to consumers who rely on their mobile phones or do all their mobile phones or do all their shopping online.
- The ability to speak with authority on topics related to your product or industry.
- A chance to engage with influences, earn their respect and get them to endorse your company.
- Opportunities to incorporate multiple types of media into your marketing.
- The ability to track customers' purchase journeys.